|Quadrant||Regular Service Day||Inclement Weather/
Holiday Service Day
2019 Recycling calendar (PDF)
Scheduled Cleanup and Curbside Collection Service
Call the Office of Waste Reduction and Recycling hotline at 540-961-1894 to confirm whether inclement weather or a holiday will affect service.
Fall Cleanup Southeast Quadrant
- Date: - (all day)
Materials must be separated into distinct piles of:
- Must be no longer than seven feet and no greater than six inches in diameter
- Visit the Brush Collection Page for further guidelines.
- Metal appliances
- With any airtight doors removed.
- Must be removed from rims and have an inside diameter of 19 inches or less.
- No more than eight tires per household.
- No commercial, racing, or farm use tires will be accepted.
- Other debris, (miscellaneous household junk)
All items must be placed curbside by 7 a.m. on the Monday of your quadrant's scheduled collection week. Collection will occur throughout the entire week. Each category of materials will be collected separately. Town crews will only visit each household once for each category of materials.
Items intended for cleanup must be accessible by town equipment from the public right of way. Town equipment will not enter private property, parking lots, or driveways to remove materials. Material placed near mailboxes, water meters, fire hydrants, posts, or other obstacles that could be damaged by town equipment during cleanup will not be collected.
Materials must not be placed near any obstacles. The town is not responsible for any damages.
Not acceptable for collection during cleanup:
- Hazardous waste, household and yard chemicals, and paint
- Please dispose of these materials at the annual Household Hazardous Waste Event.
- Latex paint that is still usable, (clean and at least 1/3 full), may be donated to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore. Unusable latex paint should be dried in its can using kitty litter or sand. Once dry, the entire can should be disposed of in the trash.
- Propane tanks
- Only small camping types are acceptable, (16.4 oz. net weight or less).
- Household garbage
- Tires with an inside diameter of greater than 19 inches
- Dispose of larger tires at the Montgomery Regional Solid Waste Authority.
- Car batteries should be taken to local automotive parts stores for recycling.
- Alkaline batteries may be dropped off for recycling at the YMCA Thrift Shop and various downtown merchants.
- Other batteries should be taken to the Montgomery Regional Solid Waste Authority for recycling.
- Residents may recycle electronics free of charge at the Montgomery Regional Solid Waste Authority.
- Fluorescent Lamps. Home Depot accepts CFLs for recycling for free.
- Tubes, u-shaped, circular, and other types of fluorescent lamps may be recycled at the Montgomery Regional Solid Waste Authority for at no cost to county residents.
- Loose Leaves
- Leaves must be bagged for collection during fall and spring cleanup. Loose leaves are only collected during leaf collection, which begins the end of October.
Please note that this program is not intended to pick up waste from contractors or major construction and/or demolition debris.
For more information, contact Public Works at 540-961-1142.