The following calendar is for local government meetings and downtown events that have been approved or sponsored by the town. For a comprehensive listing of special events in Blacksburg, or to post your own event to a community calendar visit stepintoblacksburg.org.
Town Council Quarterly Work Session
- Date: 04/30/2019 11:00 AM
- Location: Blacksburg Motor Company Building
400 S. Main St.
Blacksburg, Virginia 24060
1. Quarterly Financial Update
2. Traffic Engineering Primer – Brad Stipes and John Holst, representing WRA
3. Old Blacksburg Middle School Site – Transportation Review and Application Updates
4. Building Better in Blacksburg Initiative
5. Town Council Goals Update
6. Proposed Ordinance Addressing Dogs at Festivals
7. Closed Meeting as permitted by the consultation with legal counsel and contract negotiation exemptions at Virginia Code Sections 2.2-3711(A) (7) and (A) (29) for the provision of advice from the Town Attorney on legal issues and negotiation discussion related to (i) the possible disposition and acquisition of property at the OBMS site in Blacksburg and (ii) a potential development agreement with Midtown Redevelopment Partners, LLC.
Resolution 4-F-19: A Resolution Certifying The Propriety Of The Closed Meeting Held On April 30, 2019.