During the televised Town Council and Planning Commission meetings, the public is invited to address the members during the Citizen Comment section of the agenda. Remarks are limited to three minutes. PowerPoint presentations are allowed, but files must be submitted to the Community Relations Office by noon on the Friday prior to the meeting. Please refer to the Town of Blacksburg Presentation policy.
Town Council meets in regular session the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at 7:30 p.m., and Planning Commission meets the first Tuesday of each month at 7:30 p.m., both in the Roger E. Hedgepeth Chambers of the Blacksburg Municipal Building, 300 South Main Street.
Electronic Visuals Presentation Policy
- Only PowerPoint presentations will be supported
- Town staff will provide technical advice, but not assistance with PowerPoint preparation.
- PowerPoint files and contact information must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to the Community Relations Office located in the Five Chimneys House at 203 Washington Street, SW by noon on Friday preceding the meeting. Presentations will not be accepted the day of the meeting.
- Copies of the presentation and/or additional handouts can be distributed to Town Council/Planning Commission when comments are presented.
- A confirmation email will be sent as soon as the presentation is received. Town staff will follow up with the presenter if there are any technical issues.
- The bottom of each slide must be numbered and include presenter’s identification: i.e., “prepared and presented by…”
- Video and sound files on their own or embedded into PowerPoint or linked into presentations will not be supported.
- External A/V equipment will not be supported.
- Speakers are limited to a maximum of three minutes for presentations, unless otherwise indicated by the mayor, commission chair, or town manager
For assistance contact the Community Relations Office at 540-443-1090 or email@example.com.