The Town of Blacksburg is proud to offer our utility customers the ability to inquire about their accounts and pay by E-Checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or debit card. Please be assured, this is a safe and secure process. We are using VeriSign to ensure the highest possible security with these inquiries and transactions.
You will need the following to use the online system:
- Water Utility Account Number (ex: 12345-6789)
- PIN Number, (located on the utility billing statement)
- Valid email address
- Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser
- Enter your Water Utility Account Number including the hyphen and your assigned PIN Number including any leading zeros then click on SUBMIT.
- You will be directed to the account registration page where you will replace your PIN Number with one of your personal choosing for security and privacy purposes. Reenter your chosen PIN for verification and enter a PIN HINT to assist you if you should happen to forget your chosen PIN. Enter your email address and click on SUBMIT.
- An email verification will be sent to the email address that you entered on the registration screen. The email will contain your PIN and PIN hint and a link that you will need to click on in order to complete the registration process.
- The link contained in the email verification will direct you to the sign-on screen where you will enter your water utility account number and your new PIN, then click on SIGN-ON.
- Once you have successfully signed on, you will be asked to sign on again and you will be able to proceed to access and view your water utility account.
- Payments can be made by E-Checks, a valid MasterCard, Visa, Discover or debit card.
- Payments will not show up as credits until the credit card posting has been completed for that day.
- You may bill fold your payment information to use again for future payments. To access and make payments from bill folded information, please DO NOT click on the PAY NOW button on your home page. Please use the MAKE PAYMENTS button on the left hand side and then select ON DEMAND.
- When you submit your payment transaction, check the box that requests an e-mail verification of the payment. If this box is not checked you will only receive a screen stating that your transaction was successful. Repeated submissions on the payment button could result in multiple charges to your credit card. Payments returned to us by your bank or financial institution may be charged a $35 return fee in addition to the original transaction amount.
Using Bill Folded InformationIf you have already registered your account for online payments and would like to retrieve your bill folded information, please login and on the left sidebar select "Make Payments" and choose "On Demand." You will see your credit card or e-check information. Select which form of payment you would like to use and proceed with the payment process.
Thank you for using the online inquiry and payment system. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.