The Housing Resiliency Grant Program provides eligible applicants with free assistance to:
- improve energy efficiency,
- improve accessibility to and within the home, and
- obtain minor repairs to substandard housing conditions to safeguard against imminent danger to human l
ife, health or safety.
The maximum amount of assistance per household over a five year period may not exceed $5,000 unless an exception is approved based on individual need and circumstance. Assistance is provided as a grant, with no interest and no repayment requirement. The Housing Resiliency Grant Program is available to:
- income eligible, homeowner-occupied applicants who reside within the corporate limits of the Town of Blacksburg, or
- tenants and owners of single family rental housing provided the tenant is income eligible. In the case of manufactured or mobile homes, ownership of the lot is not a prerequisite for participation in the program.
Homeowners or tenants requesting assistance may obtain a Housing Resiliency Grant application packet by contacting:
Town of Blacksburg
Housing & Neighborhood Services
Housing & Community Development Grants Coordinator