The Planning and Building Department has received a request to rezone approximately 5.98 acres of land at 801 and 803 Airport Road (Tax Map Numbers 287-A-15 & 287-A-16) from the R-4 Low Density Residential Zoning District to the PR Planned Residential Zoning District. The applicant's agent, Blaine Keesee, of Draper Aden Associates, representing James O’Brien of the Lester Group (property owner), is requesting to develop single-unit and multi-unit residential dwellings. This “aging in place” development will consist of nine buildings comprised of single family homes, two-family (duplex) homes, and multi-family (triplex) homes. There will be a total of 20 residential dwellings with a total of 58 bedrooms, which is approximately 3.34 units per acre, or 9.7 bedrooms per acre. The applicant has represented that the community will be limited to residents 55 years of age and older and will be designed around common greenspace areas with a central walkway. A shared driveway will access the site opposite Fairview Avenue, and provide access to units' individual driveways and garages, as well as some additional parking.
If you have questions or comments regarding this application, please contact Kinsey O'Shea, Town Planner, at email@example.com or 540-443-1300.
The following meetings have been scheduled for this request:
|Neighborhood Meeting: 6:30 PM Wednesday, Dec. 6, 2017; Roger E. Hedgepeth Chambers in the Municipal Building at 300 S. Main St||This is an informal meeting that will give the applicant the opportunity to present the plans and provide the attendees with the opportunity to ask questions. A staff member from the Planning and Building Department will forward the notes from the meeting to the Planning Commission and the Town Council.|
|Planning Commission Work Session: 5:00 PM Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2018; in the Municipal Building at 300 S. Main St.||
The Planning Commission Work Session has been rescheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2018.
The Planning Commission will review the request and the staff report. There will be an opportunity for the applicant to present the proposal. The public is welcome to attend, however, this is not a public hearing, and there will not be an opportunity for the public to comment during this meeting.
|Planning Commission Public Hearing: 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 6, 2018 in the Roger E. Hedgepeth Chambers in the Blacksburg Municipal Building at 300 S. Main St.||
The Planning Commission Public Hearing has been rescheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 6. 2018.
The Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on the request and make recommendation to the Town Council. There will be an opportunity for public input at this hearing.
|Town Council Work Session: 11:00 AM Tuesday, February 20, 2018 in the Blacksburg Motor Company conference room at 400 South Main Street||The Town Council will review the request, the Planning Commission's recommendation, and the staff report. There will be an opportunity for the applicant to present the proposal. The public is welcome to attend, however this is not a public hearing, and there will not be an opportunity for public comment during the meeting.|
|Town Council Public Hearing: 7:30 PM Tuesday, March 13, 2018 in the Roger E. Hedgepeth Chambers in the Blacksburg Municipal Building at 300 S. Main St.||The Town Council will hold a public hearing on the request and take final action on the requests. There will be an opportunity for public input at this meeting|
- Rezoning Application
- Topographic Survey
- Conceptual Site Plan, RZ1.0
- Conceptual Stormwater Management Plan, RZ1.1
- Conceptual Utility Plan, RZ1.2
- Conceptual Stormwater Management Calculations
- Application Amendment Jan. 5, 2018
- Revised Concept Plan Jan. 16, 2018
- 1 - Composite Cross-Sections Jan. 16, 2018
- 2 - Airport Road Cross-Section Jan. 16, 2018
- 3 - Site Cross-Section Jan. 16, 2018
- 4 - Eastview Terrace Cross-Section Jan. 16, 2018
Revised Application Materials
- Revised Application January 29, 2018
- January 16, 2018 and February 2, 2018 Cross Sections
- Proffer Statement February 2, 2018
- Complete Staff Report Jan. 12, 2018
- Correspondence Received as of Jan. 12, 2018
- Correspondence received January 14, 2018-February 2, 2018
- Planning Commission update memo February 2, 2018
- Correspondence Received February 2-February 6, 2018
- Citizen online petition signatures received as of February 4, 2018
Town Council Packet February 9, 2018
- Complete Staff Report and memo February 9, 2018
- January 29, 2018 Revised Application with proffer
- All correspondence received as of February 7, 2018