The following calendar is for local government meetings and downtown events that have been approved or sponsored by the town. For a comprehensive listing of special events in Blacksburg, or to post your own event to a community calendar visit stepintoblacksburg.org.
ZOA #49 Historic District Public Input Meeting
- Date: 01/09/2020 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Location: Blacksburg Motor Company Building
400 S. Main St.
Blacksburg, Virginia 24060
The Town of Blacksburg is considering a text amendment (Zoning Ordinance Amendment #49) to the Town's Zoning Ordinance related to the Historic District. This amendment proposes to make the following changes:
- update the list of contributing (historic) structures in the District,
- review the membership requirement for the Historic or Design Review Board (HDRB),
- incorporate Signage Guidelines into the Ordinance,
- clarify how different types of applications are reviewed and clarify redevelopment plan submittal requirements and,
- establish criteria for the provision of parking in the District.
Please join us at a public input meeting to discuss the proposed changes to the District on Thursday, January 9, 2020 at 6:00 pm in the Blacksburg Motor Company building at 400 South Main Street, Blacksburg, VA.
More information can be found at www.blacksburg.gov/publichearings
Please contact Maeve Gould (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 540-443-1300 for more information.