Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Register a Trade Name

Trade names must be registered with:
Clerk of the Circuit Court
P.O. Box 6309,
Christiansburg, VA 24068

Register a Corporation or Limited Partnership

All corporations, (foreign and domestic), and limited partnerships conducting business in Virginia must register with the Virginia State Corporation Commission. To become incorporated in Virginia, an organization must file trade names, DBAs, articles of incorporation and amendments with:

State Corporation Commission
P.O. Box 1197
Richmond, VA 23209

Virginia Registered Agent

State Contractors License

All contractors who bid upon or undertake single jobs of $1,000.00 or more must register with the State Board of Contractors. (Class A - $70,000.00 or more; Class B - $7,500.00 - $70,000.00; Class C - $1,000.00 - $7,500.00)

Board of Contractors
3600 West Broad St.
Richmond, VA 23230
PSI Examination Services

Alcoholic Beverage License

The Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control exercises a monopoly over the importation and sale of alcoholic beverages other than beer and wine. Licenses are issued for the manufacture of liquors, the wholesaling of beer and wine, the sale of beer and wine and the sale at retail of spirits by the drink.

Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control
545 W. Main St.
Abingdon, VA 24210